Purpose of the Position:
The Child Care Provider is responsible to provide families with childcare that is safe, nurturing, and in an educational environment where children can grow socially, emotionally, and academically.
The Child Care Provider is responsible and will provide children with the education and experiences needed to assure early success and school readiness. Parent involvement is critical in the development of a child. We form a partnership with parents by providing newsletters and daily information sheets on what their child has learned each day. We will provide a safe atmosphere where children can learn to communicate and express themselves amongst peers. We value learning and understand that children learn in different ways. We encourage self-esteem and want each child to recognize their strengths and feel confident as they become ready to enter kindergarten. We value respect for every child, family, and staff member.
Helping children grow, learn, and gain new skills can be very rewarding. Child Care Providers will be responsible for planning and implementing child care for young children. They must ensure the development and safety of these children in accordance to Talented Tots Learning Center and in compliance with the State of Missouri Health and Senior Services. The Child Care Provider will be respectful of children and parents, and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe, and well maintained. Failure to provide adequate services may place children at risk.
• Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children
• Equipment and facility Ensure equipment and the facility is clean, well maintained, and safe at all times
• Provide daily, weekly, and monthly schedule of activities
• Provide activities to encourage curiosity, exploration, problem solving at development levels of each child
• Read books with children
• Emergency procedures need to be followed at all times
• Provide a fun and exciting classroom atmosphere
• Ensure children are supervised at all times; this includes all areas of our facility (restrooms, classrooms, hallways, playground)
• Provide a safe and secure environment for children
• Communicate clearly and effectively in a manner that children understand
• Actively engage with children at their level at all times
Keeping parents informed of program expectations, program activities, and their child’s progress is vital to the success of our program. You must be able to listen to parents and maintain open, friendly and cooperative relationships with them. Open and positive communication with coworkers and management is expected at all times. Talented Tots Learning Center is always open to listening to new ideas to make our program better!
• Be respectful
• Possess sensitivity
• Be flexible
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• Be consistent and fair
• Be compassionate and understanding
• Be able to build self esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment
• Be punctual and responsible
Take pride in being a Talented Tots employee!
The Child Care Provider is required and must be capable of the following demands:
• Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds
• Moving and carrying of equipment and children
• Sitting and playing with children on the floor
• Cleaning all areas and aspects of the facility
The Child Care Provider will be working in the following conditions:
• Active and very lively environment
• Hot and humid conditions
• Cold temperatures
• Strong and sensitive odors associated with toileting and illness
Caring for children can be stressful. The Child Care Provider must ensure that children are supervised at all times and that children are involved in safe and appropriate activities. There may be a number of situations happening at once, and the Child Provider must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at all times.